By PF2K on Mar 21, 2020 at 11:57 AM
  1. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

Header_-_Week_31.png
    As we develop the Romans, we are showing you how we are building them, who is building them, and also why we are building them the way that we are. Though we have finally revealed every Roman Unit, Building, and Technology, there is something that we would like to share you that greatly impacts the future of the Romans.

We all know that the world is going through some difficult times these days, and people are mostly encouraged to remain in the safety of their homes. This includes us, the team working on the Romans.

In light of recent events, we have decided to make the Romans even greater and are very excited to announce that the Romans will no longer be a pro civ. This means that they will start at level 1 and will give players the full Age of Empires Online experience.

RomansNoPro.png
    As you already know, consistency is something of utmost value to us, so rest assured that the Roman campaign will be on par with the Celts, Greeks and Egyptians.

They will have their own unique Regions, Quest Givers, main Questline, Side Quests, and more! We haven't missed the smaller details either, such as giving them their own equivalent of Delphi/Giza Limestone or Celtic Charcoal: The Roman Marble

MatsWarehouses.png
    Progression.png

Roman Campaign
    ================
    Campaign_Map.png
    Players will visit 3 different Regions during the Roman campaign, one of which we are going to show you today, and it's going to be the main hub of Roman Quests for the majority of the Roman campaign: the city of Capua

Capua_1.png
    Capua_2.png
    Available exclusively to the Romans, you will find new Stores, new Quests, Quest Givers here.

Capua_3.png
    Capua_4.png
    (PF2K's Personal Note: This region has been made by RecoN, happysmurf and JilgueriN. It's one of the prettiest and most detailed Regions ever! You're going to love it)
    The other two regions that you will see in the Roman campaign are the Roman Army Camp, where you will visit Mark Antony (which we haven't fully revealed yet and will do so in a future update blog) and the eternal city of Rome (which will also be available to other civilizations, of course, though it will have a handful of Roman-exclusive Quests, much similar to how Argos has a few quests exclusive to the Greeks.)

NewQGs.png

(Even more) New Roman Terrain
    ============================
    RCountry1.png
    To expand our design possibilities, we have added yet another Roman Terrain Set called "Roman Country". You are going to be seeing it in many Roman-themed Quests alongside the Roman Inland Terrain Set which we have previously revealed.
    RCountry2.png
    RCountry3.png

But the Terrain Set isn't the only thing that's new! We are also adding a few more gaia animals; Pigs and Chickens! Check out the Pigs here:

NewGaia.png
    (Chickens will come later.)

Complete Website Overhaul
    ========================
    Website1.png

To make all of this even better, we are happy to announce that we are also working on overhauling the entire Project Celeste main website, which will be much, much better looking than the current one, and will also feature fully detailed official guides for both PvE and PvP! Check it out below:

Website2.png
    (PF2K's Personal Note: Huge thanks to @SystemGlitch for his outstanding work on the website! It wouldn't have been possible without his efforts.)
    We're eager to hear your thoughts over this change of direction in the development of the Romans. Let us know what you think in the comments below!

========
    Thank you so much for reading, and we will see you all next time!
    Project Celeste Development Team

What do you think about this week's blog? What would you like to see next? Let us know in the comments below!

========
    Missed the Roman Civilization's announcement? Find out about it HERE.

Project Celeste is completely free and always will be. However, we gladly accept donations for our overhead costs, which are larger than we have budgeted. If you want to support us, you can do so HERE.

Read every Romans related blog HERE.

Tell your friends! Join our Discord HERE.
    ========

#1 PF2K, Mar 21, 2020 at 11:57 AM
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  2. Loading...

Comments

Discussion in 'Romans' started by PF2K, Mar 21, 2020.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

Sounds awesome. I feel that this gives Romans the extra love they deserve to feel like the high-quality addition to the game that I think it will be - and that a pro-civ never could create that feeling the whole way. You guys are doing a wonderful job. Thank you all for all time and love you give this game \o/

Kyku, Skycrane09, dmtheripper and 5 others like this.
    2. Pharos

Pharos Champion

Great news! Excellent job!

3. Servimomia

Servimomia Woad Raider

unbelievable, have no words. THANK YOU GUYS!!!

Kyku, bbgambini, Skycrane09 and 4 others like this.
    4. TheSpaniard

TheSpaniard Berserker

Dude. Amazing. Just... Amazing.

bbgambini, Andy P XIII and Pharos like this.
    5. elassi

elassi Long Swordsman

One more chickenn to add to our collections.

Oh, the other stuff was cool too :) quite the turn around by not being a pro civ, good luck with the rest of the work, certainly much more of it now but we are all anticipating the end result!

Andy P XIII and TheSpaniard like this.
    6. TheSpaniard

TheSpaniard Berserker

Although, I do have to say I am disappointed in one thing... I like to try to name my capital cities after historical cities that are NOT yet in the game, and I was planning on making my Roman capital Capua!! :mad: hahahaha

Andy P XIII likes this.
    7. Unknown Maniac

Unknown Maniac Berserker

Can t tell if this is an early April fools joke or real thing but I can tell this looks awesome. I don t really care if I start at 1 or 20 but I will take campaign. Now I will wait for the advisor units announcement for the campaign.

FeteFatale, bbgambini and Andy P XIII like this.
    8. ThunderCat

ThunderCat Spearman

Very excited to jump in and start the campaign. Starting at level 1 makes sense, this will give us a real opportunity to experience all the hard work you have put into the expansion. Such talent, and professionalism you guys embody the Can Do Sprite.

TheSpaniard and Andy P XIII like this.
    9. Daantjuh-NL

Daantjuh-NL Woad Raider

I like that the Romans will start from level 1 now! Great! How is the development going? And stay safe everyone in this coronacrisis :(

10. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
      Staff Member Administrator

It is very real!

But for the last time, the Romans will not have Advisor units. Nope, never, nada.

The Persians are the only Pro civilization in the game with Advisor units. We will balance that by having Romans as the only non-Pro civilization in the game without them.

Ardeshir, TheSpaniard and Andy P XIII like this.
    11. indianempire

indianempire Woad Raider

Ngl I actually wanted it to be pro civ. But looks like the grind will be real. Waiting for the release pls release it. Loving the work guys keep it up.

12. Unknown Maniac

Unknown Maniac Berserker

Aww, don t be so mean to Romans, give them atleast the golden hippikon.

13. TheSpaniard

TheSpaniard Berserker

Reposted from Discord regarding what quest lines we'd like to see:

All I'm saying is that Spartacus hailed from Capua and was hunted by one of our Roman Triumvirates, Crassus. It would be PERFECT! GIVE THE GLADIATORS THEIR DUE!

Imagine this... If it is an Argos-style 20-30 questline, it would be open to all civs. And it could change up what we normally expect. Instead of aiding Rome/Crassus, you aid the rebel Spartacus. Suddenly Crassus is the bad guy. Your goal is to fight alongside Spartacus as he and his followers/freed slaves makes their way across the Roman countryside towards the Alps to make their escape.

Then, in yet another twist, the "hero unit" Spartacus (just use an ungeared Roman spearmen model, or repurpose an ungeared hypaspist) dies at the end of the questline. Maybe in the final, "Cataclysm" style quest, one of the objectives is not to keep him alive, like most quests have, but the objective is to get him to a certain point on the map and then for him to *die*. Kind of like that one celt quest where your units are expected to die gloriously. So his followers go one way to escape over the Alps, but ultimately Spartacus and a few other gladiators/military units sacrifice themselves in a glorious final battle vs. Crassus.

BOOM

#14 TheSpaniard, Mar 21, 2020 at 1:01 PM
      Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    14. PedroAlmeida72

PedroAlmeida72 Woad Raider

Nice work guys!
      Can’t wait to play with the romans...

15. RacketyPurse

RacketyPurse Champion

fantastic to start the Roman civilization from level 1 is the best thing that could happen, so that for us players we can learn to use each new unit, and view the maps that will be scratching your head these days, I was wondering if before the release of the package there is the possibility to try a demo mission like those of the norse, persians and babylonians, which were put in the times before the release of civilizations. One last thing about the website if there may be the possibility of selecting a different language on some pages, with this I am always here to tell you how proud and pleased we are with your work a warm thank you to all of you

16. dmtheripper

dmtheripper Villager

Pretty nice decision to make us play since level 1
      developers want us to know the romans very well playing and improving since the 2nd era
      good opportunity to test the new features of this civ

17. MechSmith

MechSmith Champion

i'm glad we'll get to play the Romans from level 1, call me strange but i get weirdly nostalgic for the starter quests, especially for the Greeks. I'm really looking forward to the Romans, is there a tentative idea of when they'll be releasing yet?

TheSpaniard likes this.
    18. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

More than 10 weeks.

MechSmith likes this.
    19. Ptamos

Ptamos Spearman

I love it. :)
      But I really hope it doesn't mean it will take till 2021 or something.

indianempire likes this.
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice