Skirmish Hall Whining and Griping

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BamBam, Jan 30, 2020.

1. BamBam

BamBam Spearman

I use the skirmish hall a bit, as a warm up and to farm the advisers for civs I don't use as much.

I have a handful of minor complaints with the skirmish hall.

First is: There are three "hidden" quests, and they stink:
    • Playing by the rules - Win a game with each victory condition
      • Conquest
      • Standard
      • Wonder
    • Bring Your Passport - Win a game on each of the first 20 maps
    • No Contest - Defeat all the AIs
    First off, could these PLEASE not be hidden? I want to see and look at them.

Next, could they actually track your progress in a visible fashion? This is particularly noticeable for "Bring your passport" as it requires you win on 20 separate maps but does not tell you which maps you've completed. The quest, however, does not track them in any visible fashion, you must track them by hand (!). It's a major pain in the neck. Why not have it tell me which maps are complete and which are not?

Next is the skirmish hall's interactions with other quest types.

Why do I have to look at other quest types (i.e. PvP globals) on the sidebar when I'm in the skirmish hall?

I'm not going to kill a lot of units in PvP in skirmish. I'm just saying..

I know Skirmish is probably the least popular (or close to least popular) game type. I don't have access to the information, but it probably goes something like this:

PvE Questlines/Repeatables > PvP > Crete > Skirmish Hall

Regardless, there's a bunch of little annoyances in the skirmish hall that'd I prefer not be there.

Ardeshir and aceloki like this.
  2. Loading...

3. aceloki

aceloki Long Swordsman

Another Hidden Skirmish Gem:
    Just adding to the above; Skirmish also has another hidden trophy: Skirmish Legends, a trophy for winning a large skirmish match with a full team of friends. [ Actually means four players]. Unless you know its there ,you are likely only to get it by 'accident' on completing a 'full team'. [ In the games alliance war days and player points system etc, teams of four belted skirmish every day, easily collecting or finding this reward. ]

Eventually post Roman , tidying up the skirmish trophies and making them and their requirements all transparent would be nice. For example: Bring your Passport is a genuine engaging but not hardcore way to test out twenty different maps, but as BamBam pointed out above, you need to know yourself it is twenty maps and also the first twenty listed. [ Maps in skirmish after the first twenty were/are still added progressively to the hall by both the original and Celeste teams. ]
    The fountain prize for Bring your Passport has delightful detail in it. Well worth getting as a city deco addition. As always thanks for the great Celeste game content.

Ardeshir likes this.
  4. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

The fact that champion mode skirmish ai spawn with extra defensive units annoys me lol. If I'm there playing champion mode skirmsh for pvp practice I also want to know how well rushes and raids work at a given point in a given matchup. Not be swarmed by 3-6 extra units (that respawn pretty quickly even in the middle difficulties) that a real player could never use (or not get that early) every time I try pressure the enemy base.

As you said yourself though, skirmish largely takes a back seat to both other PvE and PvP, so these things are probably in the "later on, later rather than sooner" basket

DynasticPlanet likes this.
  5. Gara V

Gara V Spearman

I tend to play mostly PvE. But I think that skirmish does not reward well. Thats why I am ignoring it. Could this be the reason too for others to ignore skirmish?

6. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

It can reward well if you farm 4 ai at a time, cause you only need 2.5 games to get the 10 beaten AI quest chests. May be difficult to get the fierce/unstoppable kills, but 4 standard is pretty easy for 2 people to beat with a rush.

7. kyogo

kyogo Long Swordsman

Yeah i rember in the past people do skirmish rush in 3 or 4 members an unstoppable difficoult and it was fun.
    I think skirmish its a fun gamemode but it have to be improuved, nobody play it :(

8. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Don't worry, there is plans to overhaul both the skirmish and arena experience (more menu options, I think player colour flexibility included) after the Romans release.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice