Make priest of set useful

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FocusNut, Feb 28, 2020.

1. FocusNut

FocusNut Spearman

Egypt is a priest special civilization. They have so many priest techs and 3 priests, yet they leave more to be desired. Let's focus on one specific unit. Priest of set. Most if not all players never train them. They are not used in pve not PvP. For good reasons. They don't convert, but inflight chaos. Worse, they don't cause chaos any faster than a typical priest in other civs. Why would you use them? Their chaos rate is 10, same as Greek priest.

Here is my suggestion. Make the chaos rate 5. If converting a unit from A -> B takes 10 seconds, converting to neutral should only take half the time. Also, there is no concern of power creep as they can't do much. They could make playing pve quests much more fun.

2. Loading...

3. WiriWout

WiriWout Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I agree, I would also like to see more priests of set. The chaos rate in pvp was increased to 16 in the very first patch in Celeste. A chaos rate of 5 means units get get converted anywhere between 2.5 and 5 seconds, which seems quite fast to me.

4. t31os

t31os Berserker

Balancing isn't ever global though is it? On the PvE end, egypt feels like a crap civ for priests, when it should be shining on that front (what with the techs). Who rolls egypt on a leg quest and spams priests? (honestly)...?

5. CrimsonCantab

CrimsonCantab Berserker

The biggest issue with priests in PvE is that converted units lose their gear. On high level quests, that's basically equivalent to AI researching AoE:II Heresy.

bbgambini, MainMan B and Ardeshir like this.
  6. FocusNut

FocusNut Spearman

This is very simple change that will provide nice playability improvement. Also, make one of the least used units somewhat useful in certain scenarios.

7. FinishedBlock21

FinishedBlock21 Hippikon

If you want to use priests in pve effectively you need to go full priests and in that case even Egyptian priests work fine, with priest advisors though. You don't need the converted units either, it's better to just kill them off so you free up space and can convert more; the enemy basically loses by attrition.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice