disconnection during the game

Discussion in 'Connectivity' started by 11david11, May 14, 2019.

1. 11david11

11david11 Villager

I am often disconnected before I can finish my quests.
    I have to restart the game every time.
    How can I fix this problem?

thx for answers.

...ReignOfRagnarok likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Do you have a problem with disconnecting in any other game, or just AOEO? Are these singleplayer or Co-op quests/gamestates you're having trouble with, or both?

I'd try running a game scan (under the hammer icon on Celeste Client), and making sure your windows, firewall or antivirus aren't stuck asking for permission or to allow an exception as the game launches (alt tab as soon as you launch the game and make sure there isn't a security or admin privileges popup sitting open. If there is then ok/allow it.)

Another question, what antivirus do you use?

4. 11david11

11david11 Villager

I have no problem with other games just aoeo.
    the problem is on all modes of play.
    I often run a game scan before playing.
    My windows firewall helpers are valids.(launcher,spartan,multiplayer)
    I don't have an antivirus installed.
    I just have windows defender.

5. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Weird. And you definitely aren't having defender flag the game and ask about exceptions on startup? I'm not sure what else could be the problem on your end other than ISP issues. Are your ports forwarded? I know it usually only matters for playing coop or pvp, but if you are a solo player with yet to forward ports I'd try that. 1000-1005 UDP.

6. ...ReignOfRagnarok

I am having the same problem as 11david11. I have tried all of the above mentioned. No success. Still getting booted. Any other suggestions?

7. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Try messaging the help channel in the discord. Good way to reach a few with more technical skills than I.

8. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

Is your connection stable? From my past experience, AOEO's ability to reconnect is very lacking (by which I mean non-existent). Even if your connection DC's for a few seconds it would get you kicked out. For me a stronger WiFi dongle fixed the issue, your mileage might vary.

9. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This game is far more touchy than other games when it comes to internet connections. If you have a small interruption in connection, even so small you do not even realize you are going offline for even just a second, you will get the DC. You may want to try a wired connection if possible, monitor your connectivity a bit, and if you are getting brief interruptions, call your ISP and see if they can do somthing to give you a more stable constant connection.

10. Lwt

Lwt Spearman

Having the same issue and it's only in this game. This makes the game unplayable, sadly.

#9 Lwt, Nov 12, 2019 at 12:16 PM
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  11. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

12. Lwt

Lwt Spearman

Yeah, I got that. I don't see how the ISP can fix this. The game shouldn't disconnect you for these short pauses.

13. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If your ISP is selling you internet service that constantly has short interruptions, it would be their responsibility to fix it, don't you think?
    I would contact them if it was me. They would probably come out and put boosters on the connection going to your house.

14. Lwt

Lwt Spearman

I see your point. Hovewer it's not happening constantly , but it's still enough to be a problem. Still, I don't think it's my connection that's the biggest issue seeing as it doesn't happen in any other online games I play.

15. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I understand how frustrating it is man. Its irritating. Hopefully you can get it figured out. :cryingcat: sorry you are dealing with it at all.

16. ...ReignOfRagnarok

Just wanted to post an update...

After a great deal of troubleshooting, it turned out to be my over-the-line ethernet (which I discarded for an old-fashioned 100ft CAT5e wire). It seems my ISP was providing a steady signal, but somehow I was losing connection over the copper wiring. I'm lucky to have guessed this, because running a diagnosis of my connection didn't show any disconnects, even when losing contact with the Celeste server. Unexplainable, but fixed. Glad to be running AoE steadily now!

17. ...ReignOfRagnarok

Oh, and being disconnected mid-quest was one of the reported reasons that so many gamers stepped away from the original AoEO. Perhaps a way of adjusting the sensitive need by the game for an uninterrupted connection might help with a host of connectivity issues that others are still having?

18. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Nice! I am glad you are up and running. Perhaps we could use this as a troubleshoot for future folks that have them.

19. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It is one of the most frustrating things ever. I agree.

20. CriticalCurio

CriticalCurio Long Swordsman

Basically i have no problem at 66,7% of the games.

In like 28,3% of the games are having desync problem.

You know it is so annoying, if you are with a top geared folk it's no problem finishing the leg quests alone if it happens in the mid or at the endgame. But if it happens in the first 10-15 minutes usually you better restart.

In the rest 5% is the game dropping even before start, usually trying to play with new folks. Asking if they open ports and set up the new launcher right... asking them to make a game scan... etc but usually nothing help and those guys are leaving the game.

I got a wired fibre cable 1 gigabit 2 milisecond ping connection 7th core i7 pc ... and im from Hungary and even if im playing with somebody from Germany ... that desync happens in like every 4th game.

Guys if you could improve the connectivity issues of this game, you could win or stop loosing new players.

This is the biggest issue with this game.

Some people only have a few hours a day to play and when they lose all progress with a desync they will go and play with something else.

Comisa likes this.
  21. Dylan55

Dylan55 Spearman

Was searching the forums and and this is exactly what happened to me. its very frustrating when you are in an intense 2v2 that is already an hour long and you get disconnected despite internet not going out.

Comisa likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice