Advisor for ship siege untis

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ledioss, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Ledioss

Ledioss Villager

The civs celts, norse and babylonians have no siege ships. In some quests are siege ships very usefull and it would be fun and helpfull if there would be an advisor, which allows this civs to build their own siege ships. For example a ship for celts with a stone thrower on it or to allow building an existing siege ship from a different civ. Also it would be nice to build sessrümnir for norse but only with advisor and only limited numbers.

2. Loading...

3. Fraxure022

Fraxure022 Berserker

I like this idea. I love Advisor units and would love to see them used more. Ones that fill gaps in the roster like your suggestions or Celtic Headhunters are my favorite. I think it’d be cool if the team revisited Advisor units, creating Epic only Advisor units for the Babylonians and Norse, and Siege ships would be so cool as Advisor units.

Alzerus and Ardeshir like this.
  4. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Yeah not having seige ships on 3 civs even with advisors or headhunters playable outside a couple quests is a bit of a shame (maybe in order to stay somewhat varied, would demoships fit on any of them?), I'm sure the devs have something in mind, it's just going to be a while as they focus on other things.

Alzerus likes this.
  5. Alzerus

Alzerus Champion

Love this idea, but some civilisations have their pros and cons and will be always be unique in some ways. These civilisations in particular were not well known for siege type ships and any sieges were mainly an invasion force. And with all AoE series, there's a certain correctness to historical views and relevance. Celt Swanships along with siege ships would be way overboard, pardon the pun.

But on saying that, it would be nice to have a unit or mercenary type recruit (Advisor Unit only) that may allow a variation to what is stated above. Say for example a Log/Stone Thrower set on a raft or platoon type structure that could be spawned and placed from a ship at a significant cost and that is not movable or extremely limited in movement after spawning from a ship/transport. Would also be kinda cool to see a Stone/Log Thrower on a raft plopping crap on shore line structures.

Placement and cost of such a unit would be important as just making Seige ships for all civs would kind off detract from all civs uniqueness.

As for Babylon, they could just recruit a Stone/Log Thrower and throw a nice summer tunic on him, or just recruit Jason Mamoa/Aquaman to throw some massive bolts from the sea :)

Ardeshir likes this.
  6. Fraxure022

Fraxure022 Berserker

Babylon not having one has always felt incredibly bizarre to me.

Ardeshir likes this.
  7. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Yeah good point. Babs getting one, and the others relying on a global, somewhat hamstrung version, or like I said, a demoship (if it fits) or something else that's a bit like the scorpio, less of a focus on actual seige, might be the ideal

8. bbgambini

bbgambini Hippikon

I guess they could be a sort of Mercenary or Pirate siege ship type of advisor that is only usable for these 3 civs. But man, we could have used this during our grind to lvl 40 (=

Ardeshir likes this.
  9. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

The biggest issue facing more Advisor units is that they require more developer time than regular units (because we need to make 4 different versions for each level of Advisor Card) and provide limited benefit because the only people who could use them are PvE players who have the card and elect to sacrifice using any other Age 3 or Age 4 Advisor.

In other words, if we were going to make 5 Advisor Units, I'd rather the guys make 5 or 6 regular units, which would be a good chunk needed for another new civ. I don't know the actual numbers, but off hand I figure if the guys made one new Advisor unit, it would set the Romans back by 2 weeks.

Exclusive0r and Ardeshir like this.
  10. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

It's in the 'maybe (little m) after Romans basket?' :D

Andy P XIII likes this.
  11. Unknown Maniac

Unknown Maniac Berserker

Couldn't you make just 1 version? I believe Helepolis has only one version. If not then why not just 2? I mean players would want to get the champion advisor for the stats as soon as possible anyway and common version could be used for quests for some pre-placed units.

12. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

May a siege ship consumable ?

13. RacketyPurse

RacketyPurse Champion

It could be an idea. I don't remember what game or if it was an AOE but there were ships / explosives with barrels of gunpowder it would be nice to use those ships as siege ;)

14. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

Regardless of the Heliopolis, which I believe would be the only time a Unique Unit did not have four different 3d models, I am not sure we'd be comfortable releasing Unique Units without doing it the same way all of the others were done. The other issue we'd need to deal with was still whether we found Unique Units to justify the work. It is strange that the Devs made no Unique Units for the Babylonians and Norse, and seems like they stopped valuing them.

Ardeshir likes this.
  15. Unknown Maniac

Unknown Maniac Berserker

Okay, I see, you are right that it would feel weird not having 4 versions, but most of the time you'll see only 2 of those anyway.
    I've got some ideas. 1.Do you think it would be possible to make some of the Roman units that didn't make it into the game into advisor units? I know you had to make decisions which units to put in the game and which not. 2.I remembered that there is the golden hippikon advisor but he is only common. Do you think we could get a champion advisor for him? You would not have to make additional versions for him. Maybe could be worth of some quests to get him into champion.

16. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

I’m not sure on the hippokon. On the Veles, Numidian Horseman, Quinquereme, and other cut Roman Units, we sincerely hope to see them in the game one day but would prefer putting them into a civ rather than waste them on advisor units. Perhaps if we got faster making units we would look again at Advisors but they are not presently in the plans.

Ardeshir likes this.
  17. RacketyPurse

RacketyPurse Champion

if it would be possible, these ships could be the ships / siege that would fill the gap with the other civilizations that own more ships, of course an Advisor could be inserted, able to build them in the port

18. DynasticPlanet

DynasticPlanet Champion

Not that I'm a big advocate of advidor units, cuz I'm not, but to avoid the issue of needing to make 4, have either an epic or legendary version only.

Aaron likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice