Attack move to destroy buildings?

Discussion in 'PvE General Discussion' started by ouros, Feb 13, 2020.

1. ouros

ouros Spearman

In PvE I mainly play as the Celts, and I often use mass infantry, specifically woad raiders. I've noticed that when attack moving with any infantry group, not just woad raiders, they will always prioritize and chase down units. This becomes an issue when assaulting enemy bases, as my woad raiders tend to get stuck in tight corridors and can't move or rush down as efficiently. I try to split my raiders to spread out and evenly sweep up the buildings, but that is micro intensive and not as efficient as i would like.

My main question is: is there a more efficient method of sweeping up bases quickly with infantry?

Ideally i'd like for my infantry to sweep through bases like locust through a field without them getting distracted or stuck.

2. Loading...

3. Aman

Aman Woad Raider

You can issue a command queue with SHIFT so they go from one target to the next.

Apart from that, yes this is a strategy game, there will be micro :p

4. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Unless the base is full of un-upgraded towers, its more effective to focus fire units first as a cost/hp thing, and for reducing the damage you're going to take. Most people's complaints about a-moving are that the units tag the first thing they can. Including buildings and walls. :D

Ideally you probably want to move command (or a move) to the point of the fight and stop command rather than a laissez-faire a-move, because it automatically splits targetting up so there's no overkill (and even still, the units wont automatically prioritize what they counter, and that's where player micro steps in)

5. Faluzure

Faluzure Champion

There's a lot of units that have a priority list. Some of them are broken (Siege ships prioritise units...), but others are designed just for what you want. I can only recommend you bring along a few rams who will prioritise buildings.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice