A (Hopefully) Small and Completely Unnecessary Request

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Fraxure022, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Fraxure022

Fraxure022 Berserker

So, I wanted to make a (hopefully) small request for a very specific and odd piece of vanity gear. The laurels on Greek helmets. A lot of them run front to back, face to rear, like you see in Greek Spearman or Hypaspists now . Some run side to side, shoulder to shoulder, like the treasure Hoplites or Prodromos. I really like the side to side ones, I think they look more Greek and the front-facing ones look more Roman than Greek. Would it be possible to maybe one day add ones that go side to side and match Greek Legendary colors as vanity helms one day? I know it’s superfluous and whatnot, but it’d really improve my enjoyment of the Greek Civ.

Thank you for the consideration! I know y’all are busy, so I get it may never happen, but you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.

RacketyPurse and bbgambini like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads - (Hopefully) Small Completely
    1. frogs.poison
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. ZappBrannigan
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

I am not sure if the changes are feasible, but any chance you can post images?

4. Fraxure022

Fraxure022 Berserker

Yeah, I’ll try to take a screenshot later.

5. Fraxure022

Fraxure022 Berserker

A6782A20-84CE-4E8E-A987-14F9DAFE6A74.jpeg
    CF50C999-EDF0-426C-B95E-192CEE62C036.jpeg 5735DD7C-A1A7-4C24-A3C3-4851FCC2B58B.jpeg
    I’ve never uploaded pictures before, so forgive any issues please.

The first image shows four units, facing forward. The two on the left, the Gastraphetes and the Prodomos, have the Laurels in their helmets in the style I like, the two on the right, the Hippikon and Hoplite, do not.

The second image shows the same units facing towards the side. Note the laurel on the helmets (the featherish part is called the laurel, right?) and how it’s oriented.

The third image shows the Gastraphetes helmet changing after it upgrades into a Champion, maddeningly.

I was simply saying it’d be nice if someday somehow there was a vanity helmet emulating the style of the Gastraphetes in the first image. I know it’s frivolous, but I’d very much enjoy it. That’s all. :)

Andy P XIII and bbgambini like this.
  6. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

I think you are talking about the crests of the helmets?

7. Fraxure022

Fraxure022 Berserker

Yes! That’s the word. Sorry. I’ve been working twelve hour days for two months now, and it’s made me stupid.

8. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

Haha no problem. Unless I am misunderstanding, I believe historically some helmets had them going one direction while others went the other way. We will probably not mess with those design decisions.

9. Fraxure022

Fraxure022 Berserker

That’s a bummer. I figured it was a long shot, but thought I’d throw it out there.

I’m not trying to argue the point here, but I am curious. How does a vanity helm changing the direction of the crests violate some kind of sacred cow in a game where my archers currently have snowmen heads? Especially given that Hoplites with the different crests are already represented in game by the treasure Hoplites? Again, not looking to argue, I get that there are other things that need development resources more, I’m just curious as to the thought process here.

Andy P XIII likes this.
  10. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Because it'll open a new can of demands and expectations and for now the workload the devs have ahead of them is plenty. So being able to have some form of standard of what aspects of the game they will or won't look at (for now) helps them stay on task, rather then the 3d guys getting distracted making even more new models that will (or would) have pull(ed) them away from the Romans, the last 3 events, and/or whatever other big unannounced model-heavy projects they may have coming post-Rome.

Get a mate with 3d modelling experience to join the dev team, or just be patient and ask again post-Romans, it can happen one way or another :)

Exclusive0r likes this.
  11. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

I see it a little less bristly than Ardeshir haha. Exactly what our sacred cows are is a great question. My position is that there is a rebuttable presumption that we should not change the original stuff unless we can show that it is broken or the improvement would significantly help the game. But at the very least, I believe we certainly could add more helmets that look the way you are asking, though.

Maybe we will one day -- I know we have plans for more vanity.

Ardeshir likes this.
  12. Fraxure022

Fraxure022 Berserker

That all I was asking. Just the consideration, nothing more. I appreciate it. :)

Andy P XIII likes this.
  13. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Sorry to be abrupt with the way I put things. It was just one of the biggest factors the development team have to take into account, and to build on what Andy mentioned, it goes hand in hand with not fixing what isn't broken or is least broken about the original game and focussing on areas of content addition (or improvement like the advisor card reworks) that will really help drive player interest.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice