By PF2K on Dec 27, 2019 at 7:53 PM
  1. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

Header_-_WinterEvent2019.png
    Hello there Celeste players! The Winter Event is finally upon us.

Once you update your game, go to your Empire Store in your Capital City and find all the new quests for the event. Alternatively, you can access the Event content by going to Sparta. More detailed instructions below.

You can find every detail regarding what's new in the event in the attached graphics! We hope that you all have lots of fun playing with friends during the event. :)

So let's break down the details of the event in a question-based list:

1. How do I access the special event content?

How_to_travel_to_the_new_region_-_Method_1.png
    How_to_travel_to_the_new_region_-_Method_2.png
    Find_New_Region.png
    2. What are the new contents available in the event?
    • 7 mini-game style Quests and 4 Legendary Quests, with awesome rewards.
      • Legendary: Ice King Mountain High Enough
      • Legendary: Winter Wonderland
      • Legendary: Run Rudolph Run
      • Legendary: There’s No Place like Paphos for the Holidays
        • This is our first experiment with using original Quests, changing them around slightly and presenting them in the theme of the event. We'd like to hear you guys' feedback on this style of event Quests so let us know in the comments what you think!
    • Reindeer Games
    • The Ice King is Coming to Town
    • Do you fear what I hear?
    • Home for the Holidays
    • Spreading Yuletide Cheer
    • Dash Away All
    • Hamel the Yuletide Camel
    Legendary_Highlight.png
    Minigame_1.png
    Minigame_2.png
    Minigame_3.png

• New PvP Quests with AWESOME rewards.
    • All-new Gear, Vanity Gear and Capital City decoration: The Ice and Winter Vanity Sets are back! Gingerbread Residences also make a return, alongside the all-new Legendary Capital City Decoration buildings, Igloos.

Vanity_Sets.png
    Igloo_Lineup.png
    Gingerbread_Lineup.png
    • All-new Region with an exclusive store: Fortress of the Ice King (P.S. You might want to enable in-game music when you visit this region!)
    Winter_Store.png

==
    3. Where do I find the new PvE Quests?

In the new Region, the Fortress of the Ice King

Winter_Questgiver.png
    ==

4. Where can I get the new PvP Quests?

PvP_Quests.png
    In Sparta, from the Abominable Snowman next to the Statue of Dionysus.

Note: When you accept the quest, you need to go to the Fortress of the Ice King, complete the "The Ice King Cometh!" quest, and then head back to Sparta to find the new event PvP quests from the Abominable Snowman Questgiver in Sparta.

==

5. Can I get every event Item playing only PvP or only PvE?
    Yes! Everything is obtainable by playing either mode.

(PF2K's Personal Note: Play PvP guys. PvP mode best mode!!!)

==

6. What are Winter Points, what can I get with them and where do I spend them?
    Winter Points are the special currency of the Winter Event. You can use them to buy Vanity Gear, Capital City Decoration, Consumables, in addition to two of last year's Event Exclusive Gears all in the new Region's Store, Gingerbread Goodies.

Earn_Winter_Points.png
    Winter_Gear.png
    Materials_Explained_-_Adjusted.png

==

7. What are the Global Quests?

They are quests that can be done in any game mode and inside any quest. They include, but are not limited to, the following types of quests:
    • Play Repeatable, Elite or Legendary Quests
    • Play Co-op Quests with your friends
    • Train, Kill and Convert enemy units in Ranked PvP matches.
    • Defeat special treasure guardians (Abominable Snowmen)
    ==

8. How long will the event last?

The Event is planned to last until 2020/02/01 00:00 UTC (February 1st). There has been a timer added to the sidebar on the Forums with a countdown, indicating how long you will have to play the Winter Event.

==

9. What else is new?

Alongside PvP Balance Patch #18, there is an entirely new Terrain Set, available on PvP and Skirmish maps. The Tundra Terrain Set. Check it out below!

Tundra_.png
    Tundra_2.png

Additionally, there are 2 all-new PvP/Skirmish Maps available, Ghost Lake (A returning favorite from Age of Mythology) and Tundra. Check them out below!

GhostLakeSpotlight.png
    TundraSpotlight.png

========================
    Winter2019Credits.png
    Thank you for reading, and we will see you all in the game soon!

Project Celeste Development Team

Project Celeste is completely free and always will be. However, we gladly accept donations for our overhead costs, which are larger than we have budgeted. If you want to support us, you can do so HERE.

Tell your friends! Join our Discord HERE.

========================​

VERY IMPORTANT: Creating additional accounts and multi-accounting is FORBIDDEN and will result in permanent bans for ALL OF YOUR ACCOUNTS, including your main account! One account per player only.

For more information regarding in-game rules, please refer to the RULES page on our website.

Let us know what you think about the event in the comments below!

#1 PF2K, Dec 27, 2019 at 7:53 PM
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  2. Loading...

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by PF2K, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Pharos

Pharos Champion

Thanks Guys you doing a great job!

PF2K, RacketyPurse and Andy P XIII like this.
    2. Kire

Kire Game Developer

cant wait to grind non stop till i fall of my chair dead

PF2K and Andy P XIII like this.
    3. Servimomia

Servimomia Woad Raider

Astonishing :eek:

PF2K and Andy P XIII like this.
    4. eildan

eildan Villager

You guys are doing an outstanding job. Go on but don't forget yourselves.

PF2K, bbgambini and Andy P XIII like this.
    5. DJDavie

DJDavie Villager

awesome work! detail is amazing! tyssm Celeste team :)

PF2K likes this.
    6. bbgambini

bbgambini Hippikon

siiiiiick

lets get back to the grind...great work (=

PF2K likes this.
    7. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

No counter on the time for end of event?

8. Flutters

Flutters Champion

Is there a limit on how many times you can exchange a heart for an item? When the event just came out it was limited to 1 per civ, but after the hotfixes I was able to do it a few times more. Now it seems 5 or 6 per civ is the limit, is this intended? Just wondering. Seems to be intended because it's not marked as repeatable, if so it would be nice to include this info somewhere.

I like it. I hadn't played the game in months and it was convenient to have an easy and well known quest as part of the event. It's slightly different but mostly the same.

9. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
      Staff Member Administrator

The first 4 times are instant, then it gets a repeat timer. It was like this last year too, though slightly different where we had some epic material requirements as well.

What do you mean?

Ardeshir and Flutters like this.
    10. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

When I posted this yesterday there was no counter on this URL (even after a CTRL+F5), now there is, so it's nothing anymore, ty :)

11. MainMan B

MainMan B Berserker

I found the quest where you have to defend Bahrams bazar, and kill 300(!!!) abominal snowmen quite impossible. The most I have been able to kill was 66, before I got overrun by the 2 attack of the snowmen...I tried to use house + Castles + Towers+ a LOT of Priests and ranged units to no avail. and even with the help of the Heoric Aid consumable and other advanced consumables, I couldn't kill more than the 66 snowmen before I got totaly overrun. The first attack, was no problem, but straight after i got demolished in about 2 minuttes, even with about 50 or 60 different elite units.

12. Flutters

Flutters Champion

It's doable but I agree it's harder than it should be, especially in comparison to other event quests.
      You start with 5k of each resource so use vils to build things ASAP. You need cost effective anti infantry units or lots of towers or both. Priests are fine too if you have buildings and tanky units in front.

MainMan B and Ardeshir like this.
    13. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

It's one of the quests that really tests your ability to shore up early defenses through counter-production (and probably makes you look at getting into co-op) :D It is doable solo, but harder than most solo content is early on. I don't know about "too hard" though, considering my gear is pretty ordinary for a cashed up level 40 and I got 2/3 cleared without too much planning about early approach. If you follow a guide video on one of the preferred openings it's only fairly short.

MainMan B likes this.
    14. MainMan B

MainMan B Berserker

Thanks for your advices. I'll try again, when I feel up to it. Luckily there is som much other to do, both in this superb Winter Event, and in the game as a whole, that it doesn't matter too much.

Ardeshir likes this.
    15. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

That's how I feel when I can't be bothered watching how people do legendary content :D

I hear pvp is a real easy way to get rewards ;)

16. t31os

t31os Berserker

"Do you hear what i fear" is just a case of spamming out lots of anti-infantry (and perhaps an extra fort and some towers if you feel the need), it also helps to plonk down a market and armory, sell off some stone, get a few infantry upgrades, upgrade your barracks to make infantry faster and research champ upgrades and get some extra barracks, then just get pumping out hypapists(or equivalent). Don't try to stop the swarm coming, focus on upgrades and getting some extra buildings for unit production and use the resources you're given, there's plenty to work with. (don't forget extra houses to increase pop support).

Ardeshir likes this.
    17. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Pretty much. Having anti-inf (or just some inf as a frontline while you get archers, towers, and more of everything fast on Persia and Babylonian) is a must. It's a deathmatch quest at the end of the day, and being geared somewhat can help (like anything in the game, it's doable gearless [or near].... if you're a top tier player playing the quest out the ideal way, for everyone else there's itemizing and rough strategy to beat it), cause stronger anti infantry/static defense and some worker build speed comes in handy for what you're trying to do.

18. bbgambini

bbgambini Hippikon

Question regarding Winter event.

Once the Winter Event is over next week, will the shop in the Region: Fortress of the Ice King still be available with all those items for purchase?? (decorations, vanity, chests, consumables)

Which shop items will remain after the event is over?? (similar to the Haunted Isle region shop)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice