Dynamic Vendor price

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ABullishBear, Dec 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. ABullishBear

ABullishBear Woad Raider

I was thinking, you have the sparta reforge system where an item's "power/value" is calculated and shown.

It would be nice if this functionality could be used to change an item's vendor value to be dynamic based on where it is on this scale.
    e.g. a legendary item at the minimum "power level" sells for say 60-100 coin while at max it could be worth one or multiple thousand(see bottom note to devs).

You could try this out(internally) with just legendaries perhaps and see how it performs, rather than implementing it across the board, though that would be nice to see in the future.

This would
    A: be nice for variety
    B: give (new) players a rough idea of what the item is "power level" wise.
    Some do not know about the forge xD
    nor other ways to pricecheck items barring asking tradechat.

I leave exact values up to the devs discretion should they choose to adopt this idea.

2. Loading...

3. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Sounds interesting, but I dunno how hard implementation of this would be considering all prices as-is are static. Tackling auction list pricing scaling to auction value probably should come first before any other item value changes imo, but may be worth looking into in the future.

4. Wololoo

Wololoo Champion

So if the item is very badly nerfed the vendor price becomes a pittance - encouraging a player to try and sell the item to another player instead of vending it.

& If the item is unwanted but very boosted the vendor price is high which encourages a player to vend the item rather than sell it to a player that can use the item.

Sounds like a very bad idea to me.

5. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

I highly doubt BullishBear is suggesting it vary that much. Vendor prices as a standard, even at the top end, are always laughable compared to the value players will put on them. And even if it did, the market would adjust to suit, and all the well-rolled legs become worth even more over the poorly rolled.

I just don't see it happening due to development priorities though.

6. ABullishBear

ABullishBear Woad Raider

like I said, a few thousand maximum, plenty of items go for way more than that xd

Ardeshir likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice