Aid tents and YOU!

Discussion in 'PvP Tips & Tutorials' started by Ardeshir, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Today, we're gonna talk about aid tents!

If you want to pick up aggressive age 1 Persian play, then you have to learn how to play around your aid tent. Even defensively in the higher levels it's an extremely common tech to defend workers from raiding, especially early. It heals at the rate a spearman roughly damages a worker at (+-1 depending on civ), 10hp/s. Building multiple in the same vicinity won't magically make units immune to burst, but the longer the fight, the more this 50 wood, 0 population, 500hp priest does, and they're easier to retarget individually with considering their size.

I do have some examples of using them quite heavily too:
    defensive use in the midgame

aggressively, often backed with towers (had a corrupted forward TC followup win over Kaspar I would've loved to post amongst these :D ) :
    2. Like any early push that continues to back itself whilst also allowing for continual worker production at home (and hopefully you can squeeze in teching), it's really effective to do into people underdefending/attempting to greed through the pressue. Following up with forward towers and production facilities, or even a TC, behind a mass of tents and cheap 1pop military is often the death knell as long as you can prevent your opponent being able to gather and throw down production facilities outside their base! - The higher skilled your opponent is, the more likelihood you will need to send something other than your scout to scout out the map once you're in your opponent's base.

In a proxy situation, where I minimize losses to raids and force the opponent to back out with villagers and stacked tents alone, then all-in him with some for good measure. Scouting, and sometimes getting lucky with map seed, is key here.

In a game vs Vindicator that I could've won but threw hard. Remember you can't always bruteforce off sparabaras, or skip branching out into rax/range/stable/armory, even after getting a big early lead!

#1 Ardeshir, Dec 19, 2019 at 11:38 AM
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    Exclusive0r and bbgambini like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

Thanks mate, I love Persia , I always upgrade to Heal, but Im a bit confused by

" Building multiple in the same vicinity won't magically make units immune to burst, but the longer the fight, the more this 50 wood, 0 population, 500hp priest does, and they're easier to retarget individually with considering their size."

(must be my meds lol)

4. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

When you have lots of low units, and 1 or more aidhouses, but the units being attacked now aren't the ones being healed, or you aren't being attacked right now and want to heal the units that need the most health before waiting on the current healing target to finish, you can much more easily select an aidhouse than if it was a priest because of it's size (the targetting can still be annoying though!).

I called it a 50 wood/0 population/500hp priest because that's what they are to your army (at that stage, cus nobody's got conversion priests til age 3+)

Exclusive0r likes this.
  5. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice