By PF2K on Dec 17, 2019 at 3:36 PM
  1. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

Header-LegendarySet3.png

Hello there everyone! We are really excited to tell you that the third set of Legendary Advisors are coming with the next patch! They will be available for everyone at Level 40. Remember, each of the Legendary Advisors benefit only one civilization. Without further ado, let's get into the details, shall we?

Greeks
    =======
    Grand_Engineer_Themistokles.png
    • A corn farmer in his youth, Grand Engineer Themistokles decided to put the farming life behind and take on learning mathematics and ballistics, perfecting the Greek Ballista to allow it to fire faster and hit in a bigger area than before. Make way, Gastraphetes! The new Greek Ballistas are here to tear through the enemy armies in Legendary Quests now.
    Egyptians
    =========
    Sobeks_Spear_Sharpener.png
    • Joining her sisters, Sekhet's Elephant Whisperer, Hatshepsut's Tusk Sharpener, Tawaret's Sandal Maker and Khepri's Coin Curator, Sobek's Spear Sharpener boosts Spearmen and Axemen to provide new options for the Egypt in Legendary Quests. Remember to bring some Priestesses of Ra with you when using these two units!
    Persians
    =========
    Commander_Esfandiyar.png
    • Being Rostam, Guardian of the Land's most fierce rival, Commander Esfandiyar allows you to further specialize your Persian Immortals in Quests, providing extra bonuses depending on your playstyle or the Quest you are playing. Remember, you can only research one of these upgrades in a Quest! Once you research one of these 3 upgrades, the other 2 become unavailable for the rest of that Quest.
    Celts
    ======
    War_Chief_Comontorios.png
    • As another one of the mighty Celtic War Lords, War Chief Comontorios focuses on Celtic Stable units, the Horseman, and the Carpentom. He will be joining the ranks of other Celtic Legendary Advisors, Brann the Bloodletter and King Brennos.
    Babylonians
    ============
    Chariot_Rider_Sargon.png

• Fascinated by Chariots and everything that is wheel-driven, Chariot Rider Sargon considerably bolsters the strength of Babylonian Chariot Archers and War Chariots, allowing players to use these units in Legendary Quests more efficiently. Bonus: he is also fascinated by Arrows and other shiny, pointy things.

Norse
    ======
    Horselord_Finnulfr.png
    • Slightly upset about the fact that War Leader Beorix and Chief Vemundr have already bought all the nice Wolf Skin coats (in particular, the white and black ones) and left only the brown one in the shop, Horselord Finnulfr rides into battle on his mighty steed, increasing the combat viability of Norse Horsemen in Quests. Hey, he may not have the prettiest Wolf Skin coat, but we think he has the mightiest beard of them all!
    As with every new content, we will be keeping an eye on the power level of these Advisors based on the community's feedback, and will adjust them as needed. A big shoutout to JilgueriN and Finishedblock21 for helping us playtest these Advisors!

Important note: With this patch, the droprates for ALL Advisors in the game have been reduced. The droprates for Legendary Advisors have been reduced the most, so think twice before vendoring them!

What do you think about the newest Legendary Advisors? Let us know in the comments below!

Thanks, and see you in the game!

Project Celeste Development Team

Project Celeste is completely free and always will be. However, we gladly accept donations for our overhead costs, which are larger than we have budgeted. If you want to support us, you can do so HERE.

Tell your friends! Join our Discord HERE.
    =========

Flutters, solar, bbgambini and 11 others like this.
  2. Loading...

?

Which one of the 6 Legendary Advisors is your favorite?

1. Grand Engineer Themistokles

14.8%
  2. Sobek's Spear Sharpener

18.5%
  3. Commander Esfandiyar

31.5%
  4. War Chief Comontorios

1.9%
  5. Chariot Rider Sargon

22.2%
  6. Horselord Finnulfr

11.1%

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by PF2K, Dec 17, 2019.

1. elassi

elassi Long Swordsman

This just makes me more excited for the reworks :D

bbgambini likes this.
    2. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

Hard vote, they all look good but I just love Ballista .....

3. Alzerus

Alzerus Champion

Really very interesting Advisors all around, will bring out few units not used much ((by me at least) and also bring units of certain ages to be more viable in other ages. Mixes things up a lot in a great way for every civ. I have to say they all look very very interesting and and all look fantastic and what an array of abilities, great work and thought. I look forward to testing out them.

I particularly like Persian Commander Esfandiyar abilities to have a choice from the Immortal Camp, almost like an extra personal Milestone choice per quest, great idea.

Superb work.

PF2K likes this.
    4. Unknown Maniac

Unknown Maniac Berserker

I love the choices. I think my most favourite is the Norse horseman, double your number of horsemen with more health and bonus against buildings if you can afford it and have space for the stables.
      My least favourite is the Greek since he requires huge armies to fight against to make the impact. I would lower the dmg reduction down to 40%, otherwise he seems good.

5. Abo

Abo Villager

Definitively Sobek's one - Finally Egyptians will be able to go on Sardes now (for example)
      It will also open new tactics in Valley of King.

Anyway keep up this excellent work guys patch after patch I always ask myself where your imagination will end up :)

PF2K likes this.
    6. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

Sobek is definitely interesting for some optional objectives.

7. Kangyx

Kangyx Spearman

All are very cool! thx for the new content :)

bbgambini likes this.
    8. bbgambini

bbgambini Hippikon

9. RacketyPurse

RacketyPurse Champion

I have used the Egyptian infantry with the new legendary advisor Sobek's Spear Scarpener, despite the excellent equipment, and the bonuses given by the milestones, the Egyptian infantry is still very much in power and vital energy. It doesn't help much for a troop to train in 2 seconds if it takes the same time to die. As a modification of this Advisor, I suggest increasing life to 75%, adding 25% damage, removing 25% on the speed of training, keep 25% more movement, If you consider using this Advisor you need to make changes

10. FinishedBlock21

FinishedBlock21 Hippikon

I've tested this advisor in Dahshur attacking from the right side where the elephant general is. I spammed infantry and a few catapults in the back to snipe their catapults and elephant archers. I did have some losses but I was able to push fine. They are not op but they are viable and it's fun to see them being trained so fast. The winter quest with the no cav opional is easier than Dahshur, so you can definitely use them. Back them up with some catapults or ranged units.

RacketyPurse likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice