Druid doesn't heal while attacking

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Stephaenus, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Stephaenus

Stephaenus Spearman

Hey guys!

I've just returned from about a year hiatus and noticed that the celtic druid unit acts a bit oddly. Last time I played, when I ordered druids with attack move, they instantly stopped and healed nearby units if they were hurt. Now they just rush into battle and do nothing of the sort. I tried attack move together with other units and also with druids only and still no effect. The only time they heal others is when I change their stance to defensive and leave them standing nearby. I don't know if this is a planned update or a bug, but it sure is annoying. :/

Btw: You did an excelent job with the romans!! Pretty fun to play with them, tho celts are still my fav civ. ^_^

2. Loading...

3. Unknown Maniac

Unknown Maniac Berserker

I think they heal when you have damaged units nearby, otherwise they behave just like any other unit

4. Stephaenus

Stephaenus Spearman

That's the problem, they don't. If they are doing any action, they won't stop to heal other units. Only when they are standing still in defensive stance.

5. Unknown Maniac

Unknown Maniac Berserker

well yeah, if they decide to attack a unit before anything damaged is nearby, they will attack even when some friendly units just took damage because they keep the attack order, they wont heal when they re attacking a unit, if you want them to heal then make sure they stop attacking first

Slyrevick likes this.
  6. Stephaenus

Stephaenus Spearman

I know. That's why I keep them in defensive stance. However, it did work with aggressive stance - attack move before and it's pretty annoying that it doesn't anymore. :/

7. Kulcsos12

Kulcsos12 Hippikon

Player's command always have a higher proirity. If you command an Attack move, they will do it because they can attack enemy units. Auto-healing will be start if the player's command finished (they reach the disignated area with Move/Attack move or the targeted unit healed or killed). Its didn't changed. Use short distances for attack move so your druids will be there quickly and start heal/buff allies. Or just use the Stop command in the battle.

8. Stephaenus

Stephaenus Spearman

It did have higher priority for the simple move command, but did not for the attack move (not with druids at least). That way you could count on them stopping automatically to heal every other unit the moment they got hurt. I remember it very clearly, cos' that was my routine with celts, so I am 100% certain that it had been changed. But that's not the only problem. If you don't set their stance to defensive, they will randomly charge nearby enemies by themselves without healing others.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice